Art journaling, visual journaling or simply personal, creative diary- many names but also many people who can confirm that that form of art has a massive healing capability. Books are and have been the personal thoughts collectors for centuries. From written forms to more expressive ones- journal is always the trusted companion. Gradually my art journaling practice took me on this journey as discovered more and more that it can heal, reveal, tell me so much that is beyond possibility of expressing with words. Inspired by work with others and guiding them on this self-discovery journey I decided to release new series on You Tube channel. After the initial “Subconscious collage” followed by “Behind the journals” series this time I am taking a plunge into a strongly therapeutic aspect of visual journaling. Join me!
What is contained in our journals, personal diaries and books? What happens when instead of just words we start using a magic of visual language- the language above all spoken languages and the one of the most intense communication. What happens is the Inner Story being told on pages of the journals, images and colours and textures pouring out from the pages of the books. I am inviting you to explore it...This offer is specially designed to people wondering about art/visual journaling and those who would love to explore expressive techniques. This programme is based on one to one session and we agree the cost before the start depending on individual circumstances. Curious? Get in touch!
From Marta the programme's participant: " Meetings with Honorata also have a therapeutic aspect. Art journaling opens your head, sensitivity and creativity. Even after the end of the class I could not get away from creating new pages in my journal. It's like your artistic diary. With mixed techniques, you can document what you have in your head at the moment. It cleans your mind and is very relaxing."
Create with me….Create from your own creative source...
- I run local courses for therapeutic use of expressive arts in Northamptonshire through Learn2b programme (Northamptonshire County Council Adult Learning programme)-those courses are free of charge and require self-referral- please visit Learn2b website for more details- Click HERE.
- Workshops in person-the latest “Soulful Expression” is now fully booked- please email me if you interested in future adventures.
- Online programmes: visit my You Tube channel “Artlysing” for free videos and inspirational clips.
- I also volunteer at local Mind-the mental health charity where we transform art studio into creative and healing space.
Examples of courses and sessions:
- Positive Me-Art- emphasis on emotional wellbeing through creation of recycled cards, sensory exploration of colour, texture and pattern, work with words and images combinations.
- Jigsaw of life- visual journal work built around subject of life changes and transitions- images, collage, mandalas and mandorlas.
- Future Me- vision boards as exploration of self. Introduction to visual mind mapping concept too.
- The book of Me-6 weeks mental health programme with altering a children's book. Variety of techniques and creative adventures including mandorlas, collage, working from subconscious, painting, blind drawing.
- Intuitive Abstracts for healing-3weeks course with introduction to intuitive approach in paintings with layers.
- Soulful Expression- expressive exploration of creative voice, re-discovery of natural creativity- special one for those who say are not creative!
- Art Medicine- collection of therapeutic, creative techniques designed to use visual creative arts as healing practice. Includes watercolour expressive abstracts, mandalas, collage, doodling as meditation practice.
- Before and After- 6 weeks programme of working in a personal diary built around processing and reflection of personal grief.
So after almost killing my family, hitting my PC with some seriously heavy objects, going crazy and yelling at video editor program I decided to release this perfectly imperfect Intro Episode to Subconscious Collage for Art Journaling. This is the welcome and beginning showing you my uneven nose, meeting my duck, talking about messiness, randomness and some more randomness. We are entering the area of doing something from our soul and heart and showing what is not always obvious...Entry if you dare...
I would like to let you know that I am one of the contributing artists to a digital, interactive e-book creative experience created by Susan Nicolai. "Art to heal your soul" is a collaboration of 20 artists who prepared for you 30 days art journal prompts. It is a mixture of style, art and digital expression. It can also be purchased as a gift for a creative friend or just for yourself indulgence:) So let's look what included in the project? And...I am giving away one free access to this course!