Subconscious Collage for Art Journaling- FREE course
So after almost killing my family, hitting my PC with some seriously heavy objects, going crazy and yelling at video editor program I decided to release this perfectly imperfect Intro Episode to Subconscious Collage for Art Journaling. This is the welcome and beginning showing you my uneven nose, meeting my duck, talking about messiness, randomness and some more randomness. We are entering the area of doing something from our soul and heart and showing what is not always obvious...Entry if you dare...
In this first episode I am introducing my weird persona and talking about what really matters to me in this project. You will get a glimpse of my journals, process of starting the page and...pink socks on wooden floor;) I am making it clear this is not about techniques, supplies and mixed media newest gadgets- it's about joining the creative process journey of self discovery and finding connection with your mind. I have to apologise for poor quality of voice recorded over parts where I explain some backgrounds and talk about types of journals- please turn the volume up and I promise to invest in a proper microphone before the next episode release! Imperfection is my best skill!:) I am showing you journals I use and three types of backgrounds but this is just a touch of the subject - remember that you can use whatever you feel comfortable with! Here are some tips for your preparations:
- Allow yourself for spontaneity and imperfection- you are not working on something for judgment!
- Use materials you already have- paints- any will do even steal some from your child if you can! Inks- see if you can buy just normal inks for fountain pens and mix them with water in spray bottles- there is no pressure to buy professional ink sprays that cost fortune! Also consider using crayons, coloured pencils, craft ink pads, school markers.
- The only supply I would recommend to invest is white gesso- that will last you a while and can be used in many different ways.
- Treat yourself to the journal trip- go to charity shops, garage sales etc and look for old books that you may like not because of content but size, paper texture, font, colour, cover -make it your hunt!
- Prepare stash of magazines- any magazines! Ask friends if they want to get rid of any old ones.
- If you want find in books/journals pages you may want to work in and glue them together if not thick enough or gesso over to prepare the ground for your collaging.
- And think about fear- our next subject- is even thinking about fear scaring you? That's great- you will have lots of inspiration for your art journal! :)
ALL episodes are available on You Tube channel "Artlysing"-there are 7 in total plus Facebook group "Subconscious collage for art journaling"
Dare to be scared!
Latest from Honorata Chorazy-Przybysz
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.